Monday, May 10, 2010

Speed camera issues tickets you'll want to receive- The Fun Theory strikes again

Several members of my family, myself included, have recently been nabbed by automated speed cameras and issued painfully pricey tickets for our infractions. Since I have not posted an installment from Volkswagen's The Fun Theory project lately, I thought I would share this prize-winning idea: a speed camera lottery machine.

It's a very cool concept. Admittedly, the actual implementation would be somewhat impractical, but giving drivers a carrot for obeying the speed limit, instead of a stick if they are caught ignoring it, seems like a much better societal norm. Watch the video below and see if you don't agree that you'd slow down just to receive this kind of ticket in the mail.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Catch me on Voices of the Past