Museums, here are two great examples of the value in employing the fun-factor when trying to engage our visitors. Watch the videos below and be sure to check in periodically at www.thefuntheory.com as the experiments continue.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
The Fun Theory: museums take note, fun makes a difference
The Volkswagen company has a come up with an incredible new website featuring videos of behavioral experiments in fun. In the short videos we observe people making simple decisions in everyday circumstances, such as whether to take the stairs or the escalator, and whether or not to throw their trash in the appropriate bin. At the beginning of the videos we witness the less desirable behavior, but a remarkable transformation occurs when the element of fun is added into the equation.
- ► 2010 (48)
- What is your local museum doing this Halloween?
- "Sea Monster" skull to go on display at museum in ...
- More behavioral innovation from the folks at TheFu...
- Smithsonian researchers discover a giant new speci...
- Earhart hair at IWASM turns out to be thread
- The Fun Theory: museums take note, fun makes a dif...
- Desperate for attention, museum calls upon star po...
- Does McDonald's in the Louvre assault the Museum's...
- ▼ October (8)