WKYC: Developer teams with Marinescape to build aquarium in Cleveland's Flats
It looks like Cleveland is finally getting that aquarium everyone has been talking about for years. The location in the Flats inside the Powerhouse as part of the Nautica complex is an interesting choice and could really be a great boost to the economic redevelopment of that area. Personally, I think the projected attendance numbers as stated in this article (400k-500k visitors annually) seems incredibly ambitious, especially given the current economic climate, but the concept is strong.
I like their decision to include Lake Erie and Cuyahoga River freshwater exhibits, which will add greatly to the overall educational impact of the project and go beyond the saltwater reef "wow-factor".
It is exciting news and could potentially be another cultural gem here in Cleveland. I look forward to watching this project develop.
Shared via AddThis
- ► 2010 (48)
- Last Wednesday, 70 paleontologists visited the Cre...
- The Ohio Arts Council needs our help too.
- Lobby for your library!
- Composting, can you dig it?
- MuseoBlogger version 2.0
- Secretary of Education wants more access to arts e...
- WKYC: Developer teams with Marinescape to build aq...
- OMA professional development
- Two museum heroes today, in two vastly different w...
- ▼ June (9)