Friday, March 20, 2009

Back to the blogworld


Back in 2007, I started a blog to document the amazing world I was discovering as a new parent. Little did I know that same brave new world would be the greatest obstacle to my blogging success. Talk about a time-crunch!

So, here I am a year and a half later, now the mother of two, starting another blog. This time, however, I decided to write about a familiar world, hoping for greater success. If there's one thing I know well, it is the museum scene, especially here in Cleveland+.

I have been working for museums ever since I graduated from the University of Michigan in '96 and hopped aboard the Artrain. Yes, my first museum job was as a glorified carney working in an art museum on a train. The glory was in working to bring art to communities without art museums. The carney part came in as we moved "the show" to a new town each week. Unfortunately, my tenure on the Artrain didn't last very long. Suffice it to say, if you are a museum buff or a fun-loving 22 year-old you really don't want to go to communities without art museums... But, that's another story. In any case, the Artrain started my official life as a museum professional, transforming me from a mere museum intern to an actual paid staff member. It was not long after leaving that I was in graduate school preparing for the career I enjoy today.

Thirteen years later, I still love the idea of working for something larger than myself and find real gratification in being mission-driven. I visit museums for fun and for a living, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Please join me as I dig up fun facts and information about museums and the great things happening in and around them. I hope to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and museum resources and I would love to have you help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catch me on Voices of the Past